UPDATED 01/04/20 For the foreseeable future there is likely to be much disruption in the wedding industry as a whole. Here are some pointers for what the Coronavirus means for Aelvenharp Weddings:
- With regard to wedding bookings already in the diary, I have a "Carry on as normal" policy unless I hear otherwise from you, and depending on the ongoing Government guidelines.
- With regard to the Open Harp Surgery for those who have booked me for their ceremonies, these will all be cancelled. I shall soon be scheduling these as Zoom calls. I shall contact each couple effected by this when I have set it up.
- Your venue are the ones most likely to make the decision one way or the other. Please notify me as soon as possible if they or you need to postpone, so that we can look at transferring your booking to your deferred date if I'm available.
- Rescheduling is the preferred option. We will cross the cancellation bridge when we get there.
- If you have already booked your wedding with me, then the In Extremis clause on the Terms & Conditions becomes relevant in a crisis such as this in the event that I am unwell and unable to travel to your wedding. This means that any balance paid before the event is non-returnable, so you might want to consider the option of paying in cash on the day rather than transferring money beforehand.
- Your £100 booking deposit is non-refundable in any case.
- 50 % of your balance is usually required for bookings cancelled within 2 months of the events, but for the purposes of our current crisis I am waiving this clause for all UNPAID balances. This does not apply to paid balances for which the 50% remains clause in place.
Any questions please do not hesitate to contact me (details above).
LISTEN HERE... My Corona Playlist
Light-hearted and tongue-in-cheek music from the Harpinator for difficult times!
- As The World Falls Down 4:20
- Nothing Else Matters 1:01
- What A Difference A Day Makes 0:46
- Lullaby Of Woe 3:14
- Stairway To Heaven 1:02
- Kissing You 1:37
Welcome to the enchanted forest of Aelvenharp
Looking to explore the possibilities for musical magic (or even mayhem) for your wedding? Here you can:
- EXPLORE the different services I offer and the costs of booking me.
- LISTEN to my music and consider what music you might like me to play for your wedding.
- VISIT my blog, Through The Strings where I reveal insights into real weddings.
- (Coming soon will be video...)
Any questions? Contact me with your details and I'll be in touch.
HELLO! My Name Is Alison Eve
You can call me Ali... I have been privileged to play at your weddings since 2006.
As a child I learned piano, trumpet and guitar, studying voice after college. My first harp came to live with us in 1999, and it's the instrument I've been waiting for all my life!
In 1989 I married my heavy metal drummer, and we now play in the folk band, "Eve & The Garden". He's a vicar and sometimes we do weddings together! I run a female-voice choir called "nChant", and a duo with a violinist called, "Hey Diddle Diddle The Harp & The Fiddle".