Welcome to the enchanted forest of Aelvenharp
Looking to explore the possibilities for musical magic (or even mayhem) for your wedding? Here you can:
- EXPLORE the different services I offer and the costs of booking me.
- LISTEN to my music and consider what music you might like me to play for your wedding.
- VISIT my blog, Through The Strings where I reveal insights into real weddings.
- (Coming soon will be video...)
Any questions? Contact me with your details and I'll be in touch.
UPDATED 08/04/21 Here are some pointers for what the current Coronavirus status means for Aelvenharp Weddings:
As part of the Roadmap to betting back to 'normal', the Maximum of 15 at Weddings come into effect on 12th April, although 30 are still allowed at funerals, and church services are not restricted by these numbers. From May 24th the limit for weddings is raised to 30, with the possibility of all number restrictions being lifted on the Summer Solstice, the 21st June.
- Bookings already in the diary have a "Carry on as normal" policy unless I hear otherwise from you, and depending on Government guidelines.
- With regard to the Open Harp Surgery for those who have booked me for their ceremonies, these will be done over Zoom and I will contact you with the link.
- Your venue are the ones most likely to advise you to cancel. Please notify me as soon as possible if this happens.
- Rescheduling to a different date is my preferred option. We will cross the cancellation bridge when we get there.
- If you have already booked your wedding with me, then the In Extremis clause on the Terms & Conditions becomes relevant in a crisis such as this in the event that I am unwell and unable to travel to your wedding. This means that any balance paid before the event is non-returnable, so you might want to consider the option of paying in cash on the day rather than transferring money beforehand.
- Your £100 booking deposit is non-refundable in any case.
- 50 % of your balance is usually required for bookings cancelled within 2 months of the events, but for the purposes of our current crisis I am waiving this clause for all UNPAID balances. This does not apply to paid balances for which the 50% remains clause in place.
Any questions please do not hesitate to contact me (details above).
LISTEN HERE... My Halloween Playlist
Seasonal Music from the Harpinator!
HELLO! My Name Is Alison Eve
You can call me Ali... I have been privileged to play at your weddings since 2006.
As a child I learned piano, trumpet and guitar, studying voice after college. My first harp came to live with us in 1999, and it's the instrument I've been waiting for all my life!
In 1989 I married my heavy metal drummer, and we now play in the folk band, "Eve & The Garden". He's a vicar and sometimes we do weddings together! I run a female-voice choir called "nChant", and a duo with a violinist called, "Hey Diddle Diddle The Harp & The Fiddle".